What is Geofencing?
Geofencing is the use of GPS or RFID technology to create a virtual geographic boundary, allowing software to trigger a response when a mobile device enters or leaves a particular area. Geofencing marketing is using a customer’s GPS location to show them advertisements based on their specific target location. Geofencing marketing allows for highly precise digital marketing and ensures that the target is more likely to be a potential customer by virtue of their location.
How does Geofencing and Programmatic Advertising go hand in hand?
A holistic programmatic advertising campaign and a geofencing campaign is the way to go. This lets you target anyone at any time on any device and reaches your target demographic based on metrics such as intent, interests, search history, webpage history, and physical location. Geofencing has the potential to revolutionize your digital marketing campaign.
We offer the following Geofencing services:
- Standard geofencing- This allows advertisers to target users in precise areas such as building, retail locations, their mobile devices, tablets, and desktops. The ad is served to users who walk into your geofence have their location services on their devices turned on. You can target such users for up to 30 days.
- Household geofencing- Here we target household addresses, using plat line coordinates of each home, we can build a geofence around it. If you have a list of addresses from your CRM, you can use this powerful tactic to serve ads.
- Search retargeting- Search engines are a great way to figure out your user’s intent. Using a list of keywords that are relevant to your business BlueOshan will build geofencing campaigns around them.
- Site retargeting- This strategy allows companies to target people who have been to your website and then left. It is said that companies are more likely to yield an action from someone if they were site retargeted versus not.
Here’s a few examples of how geofencing marketing could work:
- A potential gadget buyer or a trainee or a future employee could be in a big tech-park
- A potential marriage shopper could be at a competitor’s jewelry store
- A key decision maker of your enterprise software product could be at a major conference
- A potential new-gen, multi-interest buyer could be a popular cinema or restaurant or pub
- A potential car-owner could be at a competitor’s dealership instead of yours
- A key decision maker looking for advanced medical technology could be consulting at your city’s top hospitals or attending a workshop / training program
- AR Rahman’s live concert could attract several buyer personae too
- And, what about India’s most sought after music and dance festival of Chennai that attracts many lovers of the classical art-form.
Geofencing advertising is supported by Google Adwords, Facebook, and Instagram, however, strategy matters more than the execution. In the above examples, we can clearly see that the location can indicate a user’s buying intent. BlueOshan will execute a innovative strategy to ensure that you get the results you’re looking for.
Insights and Trends
Why does your website need to keep getting better? Part 2
In the previous post, the emphasis was on tracking customer response and making modifications after studying them. There is another important aspect that you must improve at the foundational level....
Why does your website need to keep getting better?
When you first build your company website, it is about what you think should go into it. Then, your customers visit, some of them engage and leave comments or ask questions. Then, you make changes...
Hubspot | Mar 9, 2023
Which buttons on a website should be a Call to Action (CTA)?
The best way to answer that question is to decide whether you’re going to track a customer action and what the purpose is. The attraction of keeping every button as a CTA is that it captures some...
Hubspot | Mar 1, 2023
How many digital tools are you using at your company?
The needs of a growing company ramp up over time. As it grows, tools that help automation are bought on an as-needed basis because it helps with one particular function. For meeting that need, the...
Hubspot CRM | Feb 22, 2023
How Growth Grader from HubSpot helps focus Marketing and Sales efforts
Growth at most times depends on keeping track of lead generation and conversion rates, the time it takes to convert leads, the prospecting cycle and so on. Now, while there could be multiple...
Hubspot, Marketing Automation | Feb 16, 2023
When should content be gated?
With the onset of paywalls in media, the concept of ‘gating’ content became widespread. Earlier, website content was largely available for free in an effort to attract visitors. Once traffic built...
Hubspot, Content Marketing | Feb 8, 2023
Custom API Development
On-page pop-up interventions based on user interaction without any development effort but using 3rd party tools (only).What did the client want? What did the client want? Display customized messages...
HubSpot Zoho Integration
What did the client want? ZOHO CRM was connected to HubSpot using Zapier to sync-up data. This setup had to be audited and troubleshot. Zaps were to be tested out to ensure that it was working...
Hubspot Custom Integration
What did the client want? Integrate HubSpot with their RMS (a CRM), which is used for managing their sales pipeline, product rental tracking and invoices. Sync-up the RMS contacts DB with HubSpot to...
Hubspot Custom Integration
Custom Integration: HubSpot with 3rd party web application (proprietary) Custom email messaging driven by workflows and smart lists for lead segmentation at real-time (contextual & personalized) ...
Glolife Care Equipments
Successfully generated over 1.5k leads. GloLife Care Equipments Pvt. Ltd. pioneered the manufacturing of feminine hygiene products such as sanitary napkin vending machines and incinerators, with...
The university saved significant dollars in travel and stay. Monash University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia, that ranks among the world’s top 100. Their aim is to...
Conversions increased from almost none to over 700. Cooper Elevators established in the year 2000, manufactures elevators of all types and specializes in Machine Room-Less Elevators and Automatic...