What is Inbound Marketing?
Inbound Marketing is the opposite to traditional marketing, which is interruptive, usually in the form of cold calling, unsolicited emails, intrusive ads and is marketer-centric. Inbound turns this model on its head.
Inbound marketing is customer-centric, educational and informative, and through the inbound process, nurtures customers through the sales & marketing funnel providing them with the right content at the right time.
What is the Inbound Methodology?
The Inbound Methodology has four stages:
- Attract: First, we attract strangers to your site and turn them into visitors. Some of the key tools used in this stage are blogs, SEO and social media marketing.
- Convert: Next, we convert some of these visitors into leads. To do this, we need to obtain their contact information. For users to provide their contact details, you’ll need to offer something in return. The offer can be in the form of eBooks, whitepapers or tip-sheets and we use forms, calls-to-action, and landing pages to collect the information.
- Close: Transforming leads into customers is the next stage. The important tools we use here are Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and emails.
- Delight: Finally, happy customers can become promoters of your company. Using surveys, smart content and social monitoring, you can continue to delight your client base. Remember, new customer acquisition is always going to be costlier than retaining an existing, happy buyer.
The Buyer’s Journey
While the Inbound Marketer is looking at the four stages of the Inbound Methodology, the buyer is looking at it from a different perspective. Nowadays, buyers do tons of research online before making that final purchase decision. The key is to grab that mindshare while that research is taking place. Hence, it’s important to understand the journey a buyer goes through when deciding. This journey has three stages:
- Awareness: The awareness stage is where the buyer is trying to define his/her problem or opportunity. At this point in time, they’re researching with the aim to name and frame their problem. Some examples of useful content for this stage would be analyst reports, research reports, eBooks, editorial content, expert content, whitepapers, educational content, etc.
- Consideration: The consideration stage is where the buyer has clearly defined his/her problem or opportunity. Now, they’re researching to understand all the possible solutions to their problem or opportunity. Some examples of useful content for this stage would be expert guides, live interactions, webcasts, podcasts, videos, comparison whitepapers, etc.
- Decision: The decision stage is where the buyer has settled on their solution strategy. They’re likely making lists of available vendors and/or products. Some examples of useful content for this stage would be vendor comparisons, product comparisons, case studies, trial downloads, product literature, live demos, etc.
Insights and Trends
Why does your website need to keep getting better? Part 2
In the previous post, the emphasis was on tracking customer response and making modifications after studying them. There is another important aspect that you must improve at the foundational level....
Why does your website need to keep getting better?
When you first build your company website, it is about what you think should go into it. Then, your customers visit, some of them engage and leave comments or ask questions. Then, you make changes...
Hubspot | Mar 9, 2023
Which buttons on a website should be a Call to Action (CTA)?
The best way to answer that question is to decide whether you’re going to track a customer action and what the purpose is. The attraction of keeping every button as a CTA is that it captures some...
Hubspot | Mar 1, 2023
How many digital tools are you using at your company?
The needs of a growing company ramp up over time. As it grows, tools that help automation are bought on an as-needed basis because it helps with one particular function. For meeting that need, the...
Hubspot CRM | Feb 22, 2023
How Growth Grader from HubSpot helps focus Marketing and Sales efforts
Growth at most times depends on keeping track of lead generation and conversion rates, the time it takes to convert leads, the prospecting cycle and so on. Now, while there could be multiple...
Hubspot, Marketing Automation | Feb 16, 2023
When should content be gated?
With the onset of paywalls in media, the concept of ‘gating’ content became widespread. Earlier, website content was largely available for free in an effort to attract visitors. Once traffic built...
Hubspot, Content Marketing | Feb 8, 2023
Custom API Development
On-page pop-up interventions based on user interaction without any development effort but using 3rd party tools (only).What did the client want? What did the client want? Display customized messages...
HubSpot Zoho Integration
What did the client want? ZOHO CRM was connected to HubSpot using Zapier to sync-up data. This setup had to be audited and troubleshot. Zaps were to be tested out to ensure that it was working...
Hubspot Custom Integration
What did the client want? Integrate HubSpot with their RMS (a CRM), which is used for managing their sales pipeline, product rental tracking and invoices. Sync-up the RMS contacts DB with HubSpot to...
Hubspot Custom Integration
Custom Integration: HubSpot with 3rd party web application (proprietary) Custom email messaging driven by workflows and smart lists for lead segmentation at real-time (contextual & personalized) ...
Glolife Care Equipments
Successfully generated over 1.5k leads. GloLife Care Equipments Pvt. Ltd. pioneered the manufacturing of feminine hygiene products such as sanitary napkin vending machines and incinerators, with...
The university saved significant dollars in travel and stay. Monash University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia, that ranks among the world’s top 100. Their aim is to...
Conversions increased from almost none to over 700. Cooper Elevators established in the year 2000, manufactures elevators of all types and specializes in Machine Room-Less Elevators and Automatic...